2.17.2011

"Not just another bird story"

 
Tim and Mom in Belize at Victory Assembly :)


The bird my mother gave me to always remind me of God's miracles

Ok, so this is random but cool. It's the Apostle's Creed in Kriol!



 
Okay, okay, okay...so I know I said I am not much of a bird watcher, but some stories just must be told. If for no other reason then to just not let us forget them...again.

Things have been really busy! We were VERY happy to have my Mom and my step-father, Tim, come down to Belize! It was wonderful to have our family meet our friends, join us in part of our ministry, and just see where exactly it is we live. Mom lead the children's Sunday school and even sang a few songs while they were there at Victory Assembly! We were happy to get the chance to fly back with them to see our family for Christmas. I am also thankful we were able to see some of your faces and hug your necks while we were back home. We are looking forward to Reynolda Presbyterian and their team coming to do a missions trip with us in Belize!

Alright already… what’s this about another bird story? Well, I had pretty much forgotten this story myself until someone reminded me of it. I thought now might be a good time to share it. So here goes...
While Heath and I lived in our first home in North Carolina I purchased some hanging flower baskets to "jazz up" the porch. I soon noticed that a bird had decided it was the perfect place to lay her eggs. One evening Heath and I were carrying in some awkward size items (which caused us to leave the screen door wide open). I told Heath to be careful around the basket so the momma bird would not fly out. No sooner than I had gotten the words out of my mouth my big head hit the basket. It of course started swinging and I watched helplessly as the bird flew threw the open door and into our house! It immediately flew into the bathroom,and I watched in horror as it flew to the mirror (I was so afraid it was going to break its neck). I instinctively closed all the doors in the hallway so the bird was limited to where it could go, (and could go and poop!) It landed in the hallway on the top of the bedroom door frame. With a broom in hand (straw-side up) I said, " Birdie, I don't want to hurt you and I don't mean you any harm. I just want to take you back outside. So please jump on this broom in Jesus’ name." With that being said, the bird hopped onto the broom and allowed me to carry it all the way down the hall and out the front door. Heath stood there with his mouth open in disbelief and said he wouldn't have believed it if he hadn't seen it. He thought it looked like something from a movie. So that is it for the bird part, but not the end of the story. I had forgotten that I told this story to Heath's Aunt Mid and his Mammaw until his Aunt reminded me. They were having trouble with his Aunt's van . It did not want to start. Heath's Mammaw looked at his Aunt and reminded her of this story. They declared out loud for the van to start in Jesus name, and can you guess what happened? IT DID!

The reason I am telling you all this is because sometimes we forget. We can easily get so caught up in the chaos of life and its problems that we forget God's miracles. It is sad, but true. I am embarrassed to say how often I take for granted the things He has taken me out of and helped me through and just how quickly I can forget them. Maybe this story doesn't seem like much of a miracle to you about the bird or the car, but I do want us all to be reminded that God is still in the miracle business! God cares about the little and the big things… there isn't anything He can't do! My family and friends are still rejoicing that while my sister was having surgery to remove her cancer that it HAD NOT spread to her lymph nodes!! That is a miracle! God wants us to call on and cling to Him. Like the scripture says," But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:9-10.

And Psalms 77:14 says, "You are the God who performs miracles; You display Your power among the peoples."

I hope this message encourages you and reminds you of the things He has brought you through also. As always I thank you so much for your love and support! You are a blessing to our lives and your prayers make the "impossible" possible. Please keep them coming!!! :)


                                                           God bless you all. I love you so much,

                                                                                            Amanda:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Oh the joys of those who are kind to the poor! The LORD rescues them when they are in trouble. The LORD protects them and keeps them alive. He gives them prosperity in the land and rescues them from their enemies. The LORD nurses them when they are sick and restores them to health."

Psalm 41: 1-3

OUR MISSION: To serve among the poor, bring a message of hope, and reach a nation of struggling youth for Christ and incorporate them into the life of the local church.